Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Vintage Motherload



In my fantasies I always imagine falling upon the motherload of vintage stores going out of business and having to sell me their warehouse of decades of curated clothing for midwest price, but dream I have to no longer. Some costume/prop/warehouse is going out of business and selling of literally thousands upon thousands of items from every era of the past hundred years. Lame bodysuits, 50's house dresses and a couple dozen police uniforms and everything in between are up for grabs and all separated into the respective areas. Much of it does border on costume, but it is a digger's paradise and if you are looking for something to wear to pride this weekend, while in Chelsea.....


I picked up some epaulets, a large military pin and a pair of Japanese thigh high socks with a poem on the bottom for $8 total. Good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment