Friday, May 15, 2009

Margiela! Margiela! Margiela!




I was able to catch the tale end of the Maison Martin Margiela sample sale and I think I would have cried if I had missed it. The girl in front of me walked out with a $3,300 bag for $400 and that nearly made me cry in itself. Skipping past DSquared and Sonia what's-her-face and luckily wasting no time of the mediocre clothing led me to the real deal - the shoes.

If these don't turn you know, then I bet the prices will. I got 2 pairs of shoes, a purse and a belt for under $400. Good bye tax return and hello euphoria.



P.S. the dark pink ones are here for what they are totally worth. i'm not complaining though.....




I love Margiela as so many do and it's these hand sewn details of their trademark stitched "logo,"the simplicity of the branding that make Margiela's work and these pieces feel so special. At this time, in this recession, people are whispering about secret shopping. There is a shame in being seem splurging on big ticket items, the über luxuries, when people are worried about chapter 11 and foreclosure. We don't want to be seen flaunting the logos but who wants to give up on fashion and the quality associated with high end items. So, carrying designers like Margiela feel fresh in this era and we feel comfort in the luxurious anonymity and in this shared secret known by those that care yet still hidden from the general public.

I'm going to wear the top ones out with my gang skirt stomp. Watch out NYC!

the end of the scene:

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do ride the subway in Margiela (see pic with bag). How do you think I can afford these things?

    ReplyDelete